Monday, January 14, 2013

Hot mess of a weekend.

So this weekend was kind of interesting as far as weight loss is concerned.  Definitely hit some highs... definitely hit some lows.

I finally made it to the gym on Saturday morning.  As I walked out, I opened up the blogger app on my phone and typed in the following

45 minutes, 2.6 miles, 500 cals.

Not a bad start to getting fit.  The thing that surprised me was the fact that out of those 45 minutes, 12 of them were running.  I had my headphones in listening to some 80's cardio on Pandora (which I highly recommend), so I have no idea how loud the clomping of my size 13 feet carrying 320ish pounds was in the gym, but I really, honestly did not care.  I wasn't able to pull 12 minutes in a row, but I did do 5 minutes, then walk, then another 5, then walk, and finished it up with 2 minutes.  So, I'm not too disappointed.

Friday night Mrs. P and I had a double date with another couple and against my good judgement, I had two drinks AND dessert... so that wasn't good.  Then Saturday we celebrated Miss O's 8th birthday, which included mexican.  I did good (fajita vegetables and meats, no tortillas, sour cream, etc.) and I did bad (tortilla chips, tortilla chips, tortilla chips).  I also tried to limit myself to just ONE cupcake, but we went bought said cupcakes at a cupcake boutique (which O ADORED) and had a million different flavors, so there was a lot of sampling of other cupcakes as well.

Saturday night, I went to the theatre and caught a one woman show that a friend was doing, and afterwards was invited to the same restaurant from friday night.  I gorged on chicken wings and martinis....

Sunday, O's official birthday, we told her that she could pick one meal and we would go where ever she wanted... which ended up being a breakfast buffet... damn.   Another cupcake, a snacky food dinner, followed by milkshakes.... yeah this weekend, with its wonderful workout... was a gastronomical nightmare.

Weight this morning:  322.  Good thing I have 5 days til my weigh in.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment