Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Plan....

One thing I didn't mention yesterday after the Doctor's visit was "my plan".  I told him that in the next 6 months I wanted to lose 50lbs.  He nodded thoughtfully and suggested that a smaller goal would be a better fit.  He suggested I focus on losing 10% of my weight at a time.  The more I thought of it, the better I felt.  At 331 lbs 9 oz yesterday on the doctors office scale, that would mean an initial goal of 33.1 lbs.  Or a first goal weigh in of 297.9.  From there goal two would be 268.2, goal three would be 241.4 lbs and goal four would be 217.3 (which I honestly feel is my goal weight.  That would be 10 lbs less than my lowest weight when I lost back in 06-07.  So that's it.  My first goal is 297.9.  This morning I was sitting (based on my scale at home) at 324.0, so I'm on my way.  I'm going to set a completion date for Goal 1 for March 1.  That's 9 weeks away or losing approximately 3.7 lbs a week.  I realize this is a bit higher than the prescribed "2 lbs a week", but you've got to shoot for something, right?

Since having this blog, I've opened up occasionally about fears and motivations, but the thought of taking blood pressure medicine for the rest of my life has really shaken me up.  I hope that fear and motivation sticks with me.

I however, stayed up late last night watching TV with the missus so I didn't work out this morning.  Might try to slide something in this evening.

Laters

JBP

No comments:

Post a Comment