Monday, December 12, 2011

An update

So, the past couple of months have been a bit of a roller coaster. Between traveling, doing a couple of shows, etc. remembering to blog hasn't been part of my daily routine. I'm going to try to do better.

At the end of August I tried my hand at veganism, and did pretty well with it. I lasted for about 6 weeks. No meat, no dairy, no chicken broth... the whole nine yards. While in Chicago, per a friend's suggestion, I checked out The Chicago Diner. AMAZING. Soy milkshakes, country fried tofu with gravy, burgers, cakes, pies. It was fantastic.

My wife has been vegetarian for years, and after seeing an article about Bill Clinton and his diet, I thought I'd give it a try. Well, after a month and a half, I decided to "cheat" a little and grab a cheese pizza. I've not been on track since. I like the way I feel when I'm eating vegan. I feel more energetic, lighter, and better. But cheese is addictive, as is butter. But I might share some vegan recipes along the way. I've developed some nice vegan alternatives to some of my favorite soul foods. With the exception of Thanksgiving Day (when I had a little turkey and ham), I have been pescatarian for the past few months. I'm not huge on the labels, I'm eating what I feel like eating, and I haven't really felt like I've NEEDED red meat or poultry.

But the reason I've come back to the blog, is that I've recommitted myself to working out and eating right (in the midst of the holiday season). Today, I joined a gym and I'm going to start moving again. And I've committed myself to lose 33 lbs before my 33rd birthday, which is 50 days away. Yes, it's going to be tough. No, it may not be realistic. But I feel like I need to set a goal for myself, and this has a nice ring to it. Over the past few months with my vegan/vegetarian/pescatarian lifestyle I dropped down to about 285 before slowing adding 15 or so back, so I'm hoping the first 10-15 fly away pretty easy (its the way it tends to work for me) and it'll be the 20ish pounds that are gonna be the uphill battle.

SO. Today, December 12, 2011 I weighed in at 300.8 lbs. I worked out to the Biggest Loser DVD for about 20 minutes and ate egg whites with brown gravy and toast (don't knock it if you haven't tried it) and had fish tacos for lunch. Dinner is some homemade potato soup I made yesterday that tastes amazing! Tomorrow, I plan better, I eat better, and I start working out at a gym. Carpe Diem!

Will probably start posting some pics as well tomorrow too. Not for you, but for me. To show the world that I want to change my life and am committed to doing it.

Later.

JBP


No comments:

Post a Comment