Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 5!

Weight: 298.2 Wootness! I'm thinking I'm going to make Friday my official "weight day", although I am weighing myself daily.

DC was a successful trip. Met my new rep, a young guy who has studied art history abroad and had a really strong grasp on our products. Our old rep, Cpt. Apollo, will be missed, but I've got great hopes for the new guy. Very productive conversation over Spinach Quesadillas (heavy on the Spinach), rice, and refried beans.

Because my meeting lasted a bit longer, and I made an unanticipated stop, I didn't have a lot of time at Union Station before the trip back to Lburg. I did check out a tie shop and found that they sold adjustable bow ties. I have always loved the look and dare I say prepadelic elegance that is a bow tie. However, with the majority of my adult life with a size 19-20 neck, I've not been in luck for something that fits. The guy in the store got me set up with three, and even tied one on for me. Upon returning home, it hit me that I did not know how to untie it. (Don't worry, I figured it out).

While at Union Station I stepped out for a smoke (yes, I know I should quit), where I was approached by a young man hoping to bum a cigarette. Just FYI, I always keep Menthol cigs and regular cigs available (I'm an eclectic nicotine fiend). I offered a menthol (which I had in my pocket), and he turned his nose up. So, I offered him a Pall Mall (el cheapo but decent). He scoffed, but ended up taking one. WTF? Beggers can't be choosers. Sorry I didn't have your brand available, but I did give you a choice.

As the train entered into the station, I looked out the window to see Mrs. P and the monkeys waiting along the fence next to the tracks. There is nothing that is more awesome to me than getting picked up at an airport or train station. The happiness to see each other, the immediate hugs and kisses. Its a good feeling. The conductor was gracious enough to let me bring the kids on board to check it out. So, all in all good trip.

Great workout this morning. 20 minutes on the bike, 30 minutes of lower body (and rows, which I forgot yesterday). Still getting up at 4:00 am to get it done, but although I'm dead assed tired at the end of the day, I'm actually able to get up in the morning pretty easily. Lunch with Mrs. P and ORP at the local Italian joint. I'm going to do everything in my power to pass on the cheese pizza and cannoli. I'm thinking a hot veggie sub and salad might be in order.

TONIGHT, is a big problem though. Most Fridays, the family heads over to Happy Hour Lane where a group of friends gather for cocktails and hors d'oeveurs (god, I hope that's spelled right). Even when I'm on my best behavior, I still end up over doing it. I'm hopeful that I can withstand the power of chocolate dipped cream cheese/oreo balls. OH MY!

That's my story today. As tomorrow is a SATURDAY, I'm hoping to get to sleep until about 6:00 before waking up. But who knows, my body might be achin for a workout a few hours earlier. Gotta love 24 hour gyms.

Later!

JBP

No comments:

Post a Comment