Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 4...ugh


Greetings courtesy of Amtrak's wi-fi service. I left Lynchburg at 7:30 on route to Washington DC to visit with a subdistributor and hopefully an opportunity to finish up my christmas shopping. So, It's Day 4. Day 1 found me working out at home, but for the last few days I've gotten my carcass out of bed at 4:00 am to run down to the local 24/7 gym to workout. No real weight loss yet (Tuesday was a travel day which I kinda blew, particularly as dinner was a Christmas meal with my family), but I'm definitely feeling some muscle. For the past three days I've done 20 minutes of cardio (I normally do the elliptical runner, but the bike has been my cadio-du-jour the past two days) and I've done 30 minutes of weight training alternating between upper and lower body, and I'm sticking to the machines right now. I'm thinking when I slim down I might switch to free weights.Weight is still hovering at about 300, so nothing super exciting yet. But I have decided to start tracking what I eat and managing my calories. When I went vegetarian, I often ate "healthy" by getting a base salad from Chick-Fil-A and a large fry. Did you know that can set you back nearly 1000 calories. You wouldn't think so, but yeah. Not so healthy. So this morning I swung by McD's and grabbed a canadian bacon-less egg mc muffin and a hash brown with a large Diet. Lunch will be with my new rep with our DC sub, and who knows about dinner. I did see a vegan burger on the club car menu....I said I was going to post pics, but I'm a little nervous about doing that right now. True, no one even knows about this blog but me, but something about pics of me in my short shorts doesn't seem very hmmmm....public worthy.Anywhoo. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. JBP

No comments:

Post a Comment